The Wood-Elves of Mirkwood are not like their kin. They’re less wise and more dangerous.
Christmas 2011: BBC killed Sherlock
Christmas 2012: BBC killed Arthur
Christmas 2013: BBC is going to kill the 11th Doctor
like wow you are just filled with the Christmas spirit BBC
Celebrities taking the underground
What fucking subway is this
favourite asoiaf characters (in no particular order)
▐ brienne of tarth
“A daughter.” Brienne’s eyes filled with tears. “He deserves that. A daughter who could sing to him and grace his hall and bear him grandsons. He deserves a son too, a strong and gallant son to bring honor to his name. I am the only child the gods let him keep. The freakish one, not fit to be a son or daughter.”
I sometimes just sit and think about Johnny Cash and June Carter and get really sad.
Especially when I listen to this mother fucking song.
If you don’t love Sir Ian McKellen then idk what to tell you
Rev Kate Bottley reacting to the first gay couple to marry legally in the UK
wham bam thankyou ma’am.
Gondor! Gondor, between the Mountains and the Sea!
West Wind blew there; the light upon the Silver Tree
Fell like bright rain in gardens of the Kings of old.
O proud walls! White towers! O wingéd crown and throne of gold!
O Gondor, Gondor! Shall Men behold the Silver Tree,
Or West Wind blow again between the Mountains and the Sea?
J.R.R. Tolkien in his study with his maps and books.
- the ones who are basically your friends and you can tell them anything
- The ones who seem to hate teenagers and teaching and JFC why did they choose to do this for a living
- the ones that are really nice but just suck at teaching and you never really learn anything in that class
- the dorky one that never gets mad just gives you that long “I’m dissapointed in you look”
- the ones that teach no matter whats going on in the class
This is the reason gifsets were invented
friendly reminder that this wasn’t in the script - they were just messing around on set one day and this happened.
the only people to meet brienne and greet her with respect instead of insults on her size and appearance